Demonstrated ability to manage a web content process (UI and UX), strong interpersonal skills, including ability to execute on simultaneous projects with tight deadlines. Excellent eye for detail, consistency and accuracy, proficiency with different programming languages, cross-browser compatibility and code optimization experience.
Looking for a position that marries the art of web design with the art of web programming, whether it be a UI or UX Designer, Web Project Manager, Web Producer/Developer, or Webmaster.
Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver) Microsoft Office Suite, Various Content Management Software (TeamSite, Confluence, Microsoft SharePoint, Adobe Experience Manager), SalesForce, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Jira
Operating Systems and Platforms:
UNIX, Windows, PC and Mac
WORK EXPERIENCE: (All positions Contract unless specified otherwise) Portfolios and samples listed below.
2/2017 – 8/2018: Juniper Networks (Apex Systems, Contracting Company) San Jose, CA
Web Developer/Project Manager, Customer Services Support (Contract Position)– Provided ongoing maintenance and updating of the Customer Support Center website. These activities include building and launching pages, re-ordering portions of the website, and retiring/deprecating pages and properties as needed. https://www.juniper.net/customers/support/
- Monitored web content, fixed bugs, worked with designers/developers to update/ add new features/functions
- Worked with New Product Introduction team (software and hardware) to implement updates, maintained NPI Calendar
- Monitored customer feedback to ensure that the website is functioning as expected
- Monitored and analyze site metrics for content experience and overall site performance. (Adobe Analytics)
- Focused on achieving business goals through an effective and engaging user experience
9/2016 – 11/2016: Symantec (Mondo Employment agency) Mountain View, CA
Web Producer, Acquisitions (Contract Position)– Worked in an agile team to assist with performing daily maintenance and content changes on internal and customer facing web pages for Symantec Products. Managed multiple global projects on an ongoing basis. Worked in a large enterprise, content management system in an agile/scrum environment.
- Maintained web content using content management systems (Adobe Experience Manager)
- Updated online web pages, marketing collateral, and links, and created custom web pages to support marketing themes
- Assisted with global production coordination and analyzing and processing requests in an Agile team
5/2011 – 6/2016: Cisco Systems (Bay Area TechWorkers Contracting Company) San Jose, CA
Web Developer/Designer, Americas Services Field Marketing (Contract Position)– Designed and developed Cisco internal websites and projects. Work with the /UI designers and backend component developers to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation. Provided web and graphics design support for the Americas Services and GCS (Global Customer Success) Organization and the transition of our organization to new platforms and tools. Samples: http://www.swatdesignonline.com/gallerycisco.html
Designed and implemented multiple Internal websites. Platforms include WebEx Social, JIVE, and CEC
- Managed/implemented changes involving requests from executive communications for Americas Services (Enterprise, Canada, Commercial, Partner Sales, Public Sector, Service Provider, and Latin America Theater Segments)
- Monitored, measured and reported online web analytics to improve traffic with analytic tools
- Created graphics, banners, and upgrades to new Cisco Enterprise templates on all pages
- Assisted executive communications with Enterprise news tool and email newsletter templates
7/2010 – 5/2011: Cisco Systems (PrideVel Contracting Company) San Jose, CA
Webmaster, Telepresence Business Unit (Contract Position)– Helped create new internal websites aimed at providing field and partners with necessary information and news regarding TelePresence products and services.
- Designed, implemented, and managed the TelePresence Business Unit website.
- Updated SQL Database as needed.
11/2008 – 7/2010: Cisco Systems (Aap3 Contracting Company) San Jose, CA
Web Analyst/Developer Various Allocated Accounts – Managed/analyzed intranet web projects and coordinated between the client and Key stakeholders. Samples: http://www.swatdesignonline.com/gallerycisco.html
- Carried out analysis work, researched, reported, evaluated and recommended solutions for clients on their web development needs, including web development, design, and quality assurance and user acceptance testing
10/2006 – 9/2008: Acxiom Digital, San Mateo, CA
Email Producer/Web Content Specialist--Implemented high quality text and HTML emails for leading business-to-consumer and business-to-business companies (Sun Microsystems, Intuit, HP) in a team environment.
- Integrated text and HTML e-mails incorporating DHTML/XML
- Coordinated e-mail content and change requests with account team and clients, including quality assurance
- Acted as HTML and e-mail package expert for clients and account team
- Participated on cross-functional teams to develop new products, tools and procedures
6/2006 – 6/2008: Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford, CA
Web Programmer (Contract Position) --Website development for the Online Chronic Disease Self-Management Program.
- Worked with a team of educators to create an updated version of the website
- Implemented front end changes of the website using existing templates including creating graphics
- Transformed designer’s mockups into web pages with HTML/XHTML templates (included dynamic content)
- Reviewed and edited web pages and content areas for inconsistencies and errors
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS
10/2018 Complete Data Scientist Certification Training Bundle (Big Data and Hadoop, Business Analytics, Python)
Certs-School, Online (IN PROGRESS)
10/2018 Diploma in Digital Marketing, Shaw Academy, Online (IN PROGRESS)
10/2018 Complete SQL Database Training, SkillSuccess, Online ( http://www.swatdesignonline.com/sql_cert_2018.pdf )
10/2018 IOS Mobile App Development Course, SkillSuccess, Online
10/2018 Full Stack Web Development Suite Course, Simplilearn, Online
10/2018 SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Certification, ExpertRating, Online
9/2018 Life Coach Certification, ExpertRating, Online
6/1989 Bachelors Degree, Fine Arts, Notre Dame de Namur University, Belmont, CA
6/2003 Completion, Technical Writing A.S. Program-DeAnza College, Cupertino
1991-2004 Ongoing courses in web publishing (Foothill College and other)
Portfolios and samples:
8/2018: DEVs FX TV Series Extra, Santa Cruz, CA
FX has also ordered the limited series Devs from award-winning writer and director Alex Garland (Ex Machina). In Devs, a young computer engineer, Lily Chan (Mizuno), investigates the secretive development division of her employer, Amaya a cutting-edge tech company based in San Francisco, who she believes are behind the murder of her boyfriend.
2/2002– 10/2005: Hyatt Regency, Burlingame, CA Asst. Director of the Security Department
2/2001 - 10/2001: Sun Microsystems, Inc. Palo Alto, CA Web Content Developer/HTML Production Specialist
2000 - Present: SWAT Web Design: SF Bay Area
Freelance web design, redesign, photography, logo creation— http://www.swatdesignonline.com/swataboutme.html
2015—present/ongoing: IHSS (In Home Support Services), Santa Cruz County CA Assisting part time with helping disabled veterans
2011: Cisco Citizen Volunteer Group, San Jose CA Volunteer Work at elementary School in San Jose
2005—2014 American Cancer Society, Burlingame, CA, SSF CA Volunteer Committee Member and Online Chair for the “Relay for Life” online fundraising
Promoted “Relay for Life” online registration and fundraising tools utilizing Kintera.com (CMS and CRM software)
Managed the online email campaigns, and managed/updated event information available on the website.
Acted as resource for team leaders and participants to delete records from website (credit card donations and participants) or change records within website (merge teams, change team leaders, etc.)
2005-- 2013 (yearly and ongoing): Glide Memorial Church San Francisco, CA Volunteer Server, holiday dinner meals